Boost your English, maths and digital skills – and your opportunities
Do you want to improve your literacy skills to better manage everyday tasks, control your personal finances, move into employment or get a promotion, or support your children’s learning?
From now and every week to the end of August, Buckinghamshire Adult Learning has FREE drop-in workshops at:
- 10am to noon every Monday at Chesham ALC, Chartridge Lane, Chesham, HP5 2RG
- 10am to noon every Tuesday at Quarrendon ALC, Holman Street, Aylesbury, HP19 9LJ
- 10am to noon every Wednesday at Millbrook ALC, Mill End Road, High Wycombe, HP12 4BA
These sessions will provide learning and support to improve your English, maths and digital skills. Further information and advice will be provided to identify the correct next steps for you to take.
The drop-in workshops are free to adults over the age of 19 who do not already have a GCSE at grade C or equivalent in English.
For more information
Shabana on 07977611576
We offer free* Digital Skills courses from beginner to level 2.
What are Digital Skills?
Our Digital Skills courses cover topics such as: solving problems, buying and communicating online, creating, saving and editing documents and staying safe – to help you feel more confident and make the most out of your devices in daily life and at work.
- Foundation Digital Skills (Beginner) : we offer courses in our centres to help you get started and gain confidence using a computer through practical activities. Foundation is a non-accredited course and will prepare you to move on to Essential Digital Skills
- Essential Digital Skills (Entry Level and Level 1) : through live online classes with your tutor you will learn to use devices safely, shop and communicate online, create and edit documents and find information on the internet. Level 1 includes spreadsheets. The course is assessed via a practical assessed task at the end of the course which will be taken at one of our centres and leads to the Essential Digital Skills qualification
*Foundation level is fully funded for beginners who aren’t yet ready for Essential Digital Skills. Essential Digital Skills qualifications are fully funded for adults who are 19+, meet the UK residency requirements for funding and are lacking essential digital skills. They are offered at Entry Level and Level 1. Level 2 courses are free, subject to initial assessment.
How do I apply for a place on a Digital Skills course?
To find out more and apply for a place, fill out this short form: Apply for a digital skills place
To view all our latest digital skills courses, visit the digital skills page of our Intranet.
For more details call 01296 382403 or email firstname.lastname@example.org